Aconitum kusnezoffii belongs to a family of extremely toxic plants and contains a high concentration of severely toxic alkaloids. Aconite poisoning has been recorded a number of times and tends to occur as a result of accidental ingestion of any part of the plant or because of believed therapeutic effects. Symptoms often arise only minutes after ingestion, and typically include fatal irregularities in heart rhythm, vomiting, stomach pain, nausea and diarrhoea, increased or decreased heart rate, numbness, and tingling. It's the impact on the respiratory system and heart rhythm that most often causes death by Aconite ingestion. Direct contact between aconitum kusnezoffii and the skin may also lead to dermatitis and numbness.